All items, components, parts or equipments returned to Magma must have a valid Return Material Authorization (RMA) number issued and assigned exclusively by Magma Technical Support.
The RMA number will be valid for 14 days after the date of issue. If customer fails to return item within 14 days, Magma Technical Support will close outstanding RMA number. A new RMA number has to be issued if the customer still wants to return unit.
Customer is responsible for packaging the product, including its components and other accessories, its original manual or other printed material, all in a well-padded sturdy box, with adequate protection for shipment. Magma cannot be responsible for any physical damages to the product due to poor packaging.
Packaging and Shipping Instructions for Magma Expansion Unit and PCIe / PCI card (i.e. Red Rocket card, Pro Tools HD, GPU, Sound card)
If you are returning an Expansion Chassis for repair, or transporting an expansion unit please make sure you have removed any 3rd party PCI or PCIe cards and all non magma devices.
- Red Rocket card, Pro Tools HDx card for example or any PCIe cards should be removed (or not to be installed) prior to shipment to avoid or prevent possible damage. Expansion chassis and Third party PCI / PCIe cards that arrive damaged in shipment will not be covered under warranty.
- Product that arrives without an RMA number or without appropriate RMA information will be, returned to the sender non-repaired. Products, damaged through neglect due to improper packaging or in shipment, will have the warranty voided and will be processed and returned to you non-repaired.
All products when returning for credit or repair must utilize proper and sufficient packing materials, and all electronic items should be placed in ESD (Electro Static Discharge) bag.
Required Packaging Steps:
- If you are returning a board or a circuit card (backplane, interface card, expansion board make sure to place in ESD (Electro Static Discharge) Bag.
- Wrap with bubble wrap or non-movable foam cushioning.
- Place in a sturdy cardboard box. Do not use chipboard, as it is not strong enough to withstand the rigors of transit. Please make sure that the corrugated carton or foam are free from defects and are structurally sound.
Returning an item in an insufficient amount of packaging material, will void the warranty.
Buyer / End Customer accepts responsibility for all freight charges, excise, customs or other taxes for the return of goods / commodities to Magma’s facility.
Magma will pay return freight charges back to the Buyer’s / Customer’s location on all Warranty Repaired and Replaced equipments via ground services.
The RMA number must appear on the outside of the shipping container/box or on a shipping label to be accepted by Magma, Inc. Packages or boxes without RMA# appearing on the outside will not be accepted and will be returned.